Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Secret Pal.....

Our quilt guild has a Secret Pal program.  Each July at our picnic, we pick our secret pal for the next year.  Each month at the guild meeting we put our gift on stage .....hoping no one sees you putting your bag there and then at the end of the meeting they hand out your gift from your secret pal.  It's a lot of fun!!!


I will blog more about this after our next meeting but I wanted to share my gift I am making for my secret pal.  I can share it now, because we will reveal ourselves to each other.... And I don't mean there's a bunch of quilters in the park revealing themselves....that would be what we call inappropriate...  I hope someone else laughed, because I cracked myself up (I love when that happens!).  I wish I was a cartoonist....because I'd have one for that statement. 

I love doing that tear drop echo....it really adds texture to the quilt!!  It really pops depending on the lighting.



Anyone notice it's the Wren's and Friends fabric.....I just love that fabric so I decided I could spare a 2 1/2" square of each fabric to make this tumbler table runner.  Of course it's from Missouri Star Quilt Co tutorial....hello.  :)


If anyone looking for a good on line class....Angela Walter's Quilting Negative Spaces from Craftsy (www.craftsy.com) is awesome!  Angela does a nice job of explaining how to do different designs and it doesn't have to be on a long arm.

Her new class is Small Changes Big Variety.  She does all her teaching on a domestic machine.  I was hoping that she would teach at Birds of a Feather next year, but she couldn't.....not sure when our paths will cross again....but I am looking forward to it!  Shes a really nice person and I've gained so much knowledge from her!!


Here's a quilt I did for my Aunt Martha:





I really had fun with this one!  She gave me artistic license to do what I wanted.....and I did. 












I did sit on the porch tonight and got my one hexie done for the day:


I have several hexie's flowers done, I'm not quite caught up to the goal of 52 flowers by December 31st....I'm starting to contemplate what design I want to do....this is about the competition stage that I start thinking.....do I really want to make a big quilt? And I make a table runner. 


I have to keep telling myself, a hexie a day....a hexie a day... each week I'd have a flower....52 flowers in a year....then I thought next year....I'd add a round to the flowers and hook them together.  I guess I just have to keep reminding myself...Rome wasn't built in a day....and neither will this hexie quilt!


Don't forget....Row by Row (www.rowbyrowexperience.com) starts today!!! 




Happy Sewing!!


Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment