Sunday, July 6, 2014

Row 3.....

So far I'm  batting 1000!!  The shops I've visited had great selections, great rows, and awesome customer service....3rd stop....no exception!!   




Stop 3.... Fox's in Meadville.  I've blogged about them before, and I continue to be impressed by their shop!  Have you ever thought that going to another city is a "trip" and shy away from the drive.  I know I can be that way sometimes.  But Meadville is not that "trip".  I got out of work a little early on Thursday and thought...I'm going to see when Fox's is open til.  Well on Thursdays they are open to 6....plenty of time!!  You know driving there is like driving across town with traffic....meaning it took me a little over 30 minutes....heck I used to drive 30 minutes across town to work.  It's a nice drive down 79 and located in the Downtown Mall in Meadville.




I brought my hubby with me....so he ventured off to another store and I was off to explore but semi time limited.  Of course he's been married to me over 20 years....so if he hasn't figured out my average time in a quilt shop by now....


Side note....one time I needed some notion from Joann's....he pulls up front and I say... "I'll be right out, I know what I'm getting and it will only take a couple minutes".  45 minutes later I come out with a couple full bags....he just shook his head and smiled.... He's a keeper!!!


Cathy was working...she has such a bubbly personality!!  It's infectious...we get to talking and giggle almost immediately. 






Check out their row!



It is so cute!!  Had to get the kit!  They even have a finishing kit if you don't want to do the whole row by row quilt idea.


Then Cathy showed me their idea or the license plate......


Nice idea!!  Great tote pattern!  I didn't get it....YET.






I did get the kit for the row and love the bright colors! 



Every piece is nicely labeled!!






Picked up the license plate too.  I'm still pondering the idea's in my head as to what to do with the license plates. 




I like all the license plate ideas I've seen so far and Melody came up with an idea to incorporate it into the quilt.  I haven't settled on anything yet.


Sometimes, I just have to let the ideas percolate in my brain for a while....which means....who knows what will be the final result....but that's the fun of being in my brain....watch out world....lol




Happy Sewing!




Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment