Monday, July 28, 2014

From Hershey to Charolette

So....I'm home from Hershey...worked day job today and now I'm home finished packing, finished a customer quilt and watching the Bachelorette.  I know...not the most educational show on TV...but for some crazy reason...I like watching it....so will it be Josh or Nick....my thoughts say Nick....I guess another hour will tell!!


Anyways....back to my adventure....I told my family to thaw something and I'll cook dinner tonight...well BONUS...they picked steak and my husband is the griller...so I threw some potatoes in aluminum foil and poooooffff   my "making dinner" job was done!!


So that left time for some longarming....I love to long arm!!  I finished this table runner for Vicki.  I love using MonoPoly thread and doing the paisley!!


 .

 .

Even the back is awesome!!


So before I depart for the next show....let's wrap up the Hershey Quilt Odyssey Show.   It was a blast!!  I was thrilled to hear Sue Patton was teaching there!!



As you can see I ran into her and we had a nice chat!!  I sooooo hope that I get to take one of her classes some day!!  She is Phenomenal!!!


So how about the quilts at the show.....

.

.
This is Renae Haddadin and Karen Kay Buckley's quilt Majestic Mosaic!!  It won first place in the two person quilt category.....and I'd like to add...it was quilted on an Innova!!!

The tiny stitches she did is breath taking!!  The little feathers are like a quarter inch!  Karen's  piecing is also breath taking!!  WTG Ladies!!!  Congrats!!


These pictures don't do it justice!!


Here's Jan Hutchison's quilt....it also was done with an Innova!


.




Some day......well a girl can dream can't she!


Here's some of my other favorites!!


.
 .


And there were enty if venders!!

.


Here's my buddies from the booth...I met Liz and Allison at this show.  Two of the nicest people I've met!  And talented.....I love surrounding me with all this talent...hope some of it rubs off!! 


This is Allison .   Fun fun fun..  She races a mean saddle chair (Facebook fans know what this means)


Liz, Michelle, and Valerie..... Again.... Talent and fun!!!    

Lastly.... We volunteered to quilt the charity quilts they were making in the hall.   What an awesome idea !!  People could stop by a sew a little or sew a lot.  


Our whole booth got into this.. We all took turns quilting them and even some of the quilters who stopped by our booth took a turn quilting them.

This is Sue and I as I handed off another bunch of completed quilts.


Ok...... Need to get some sleep.. I start my journey to the Charolette AQS show!!!!

If you go to the show..  Find the Innova booth and say hi!!!!

Happy sewing!!!

Jill




No comments:

Post a Comment