Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature

I don't recall ever doing anything in my life that would tick off Mother Nature....but I have no other choice but to believe I have.




I have had to travel to Florida a few times over the last 5 months.  So far, I have not been able to figure out the big deal about Florida.  First it was cold....now I know it was in March and then April...but seriously....it was almost up north cold.  Ok...so we got through those visits.  My husband went in May and it was hotter than blazes.  So as much as I was going to try to blame this all on him....which is what we like to do best....I couldn't because the common denominator has been.....ME.  Poop....hate when that happens!  :)




So its rained all but about 3 hours of our trip to Florida. 

Here's my view as we traveled down the highway.




Finally we see the sign...... Welcome to Florida....so we pull into the Welcome Center.  Here's what I was saw:




It was raining plus big loud thunder and lighting......





Raining so hard....the downspout actually looked like the waterfall decoration.....




But I always try to find the good in all.....the good.....I didn't have to drive.  I really physically jump with thunder and lighting and evidently my husband thought that it wasn't a good idea to have me behind the wheel....LOL  I don't disagree with him.....  I could wreck the car by jumping....not good. 


Hey I just got an idea....next time we go somewhere...I will have to find something that "scares me" and can't drive....just think of all the hand sewing I could get done!!!  shhhhh  our secret!




So we made it to the hotel.  We have stayed at the same hotel and same room each time we have come to Panama City.....So here's what it looks like when we get there:







and here's what it looks like 15 minutes of arriving:


This time I brought my beach ball quilt I've been working on.  Of course.....you didn't have to ask your self.....it's a Missouri Star Quilt Co. tutorial and is in the most current Block book they publish.





More sewing in the evening.  Just realized that my first visit(s) I made the sailboat quilt and now I'm working on beachball quilt..... Coincidence .... But a theme none the less!!

  

Back to driving......or should I say co-piloting......I got to do hexies!!!!


Finished the one on the left and started my next one


Next day I finished the one I started and completed another on and found fabric for the next one.  





Here's all the ones I've gotten done so far....

The one with the pink center was done earlier....but I wanted to include it so show all the ones I've done so far.




Hope everyone is having a sunny day where you are.....unless you are near me....still raining....but that just means more inside sewing time!!!  Here's a thought.....if you are having a drought in your area.....let me know.....good chance if I'm going that way...it will rain.  :)






So while I get caught up on my blog, sewing, etc......  my wonderful driver rests because.....he knows....there's a quilt shop near and I'll need chauffeured!!




   Don't feel to bad for him....I really waited on him hand and foot this morning at breakfast.  As I stood in line to make him his waffle and then got him orange juice, coffee....etc.


I looked around once and I saw some ladies watching me....their face was saying....."I can't believe he's sitting there reading the paper while she waits on him....her breakfast getting cold.....he must really control her".   I just chuckled inside....boy do they not know me at all!!!   It was my pleasure to do something nice since he did almost all the driving (remember when I said it rained all but about 3 hours....well that's when I was driving). 






Happy sewing!!


Jill



2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived safe and sound. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We are back in Erie and it's kind of rainy and cool.... Dang I'm starting to believe it's me. Lol

      Delete