Friday, July 4, 2014

Row One....

I couldn't wait....It was July 1st and the Row by Row experience started!!




I ran up to Millcreek Sewing and Fabric on my lunch hour.  Who needs to eat??  I figured I could get up there, get my row and get back in no time!  Actually I surprised myself...I actually did the whole trip AND stopped for Brooklyn Pizza too!!  Bonus!!




When I got there, I was greeted by Judy (the owner) and other staff working!  It's so nice to walk into a store and not only be greeted with a hello, but you truly feel like everyone is glad to see you!! 


I was told them I was there to get my first "Row" and as luck would have it....Judy was explaining the construction of their block.  Well....I just horned right in on that!!  Their kit for their block uses QuiltSmart interfacing.  How slick is that!!  I can't wait to complete my row!!






Here's me and and Judy holding her sample of the row.  (Check out all the yummy fabric in the background!).  All those points came out with no problem with the QuiltSmart.  



Melody and I bought the QuiltSmart Lone Star pattern (not telling when but I will say...it's not more than a year old.....YET).  I'm hoping when I sew mine together, it will spark me to go to the lone star!  However, rumor has it Lisa, Noreen, Melody, and I are going to plan a day and tackle our lone stars!  I can't wait...those ladies are a hoot!






Here's my first "license plate" .  Judy is creating a wall hanging/quilt using license plates....it will have vehicle(s) to put your license plate on, road, sky...etc.  I will try to get a picture of it when it's completed and post at a later time.




I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my license plates....considering I only own 1 at the moment...I have time to plan!




I hope to hear from some of you about your adventure in the Row by Row Experience!




Happy Sewing!


And Happy 4th!!  Hope everyone has a great day!!  God Bless those who serve/who have served and those who gave all for our freedom!!




Jill 

4 comments:

  1. I really want to do this, we have to plan a shopping day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got started. I can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an idea.....I will share later....it's percolating. It appears to be my new word.... :)

      Delete