Saturday, July 5, 2014

Row Two.....

I made a wonderful, wonderful discovery on Wednesday.....








I came home from work around 4pm...greeted my hubby and sat down at my computer.  As we started talking about the upcoming weekend, I got into the Row by Row Experience website:  www.rowbyrowexperience.com.
 I told him...maybe on Saturday, we could take a ride on our motorcycles and visit a couple places to get a row or two.






Well when I was looking at the PA map...I noticed there was another shop in Erie, so I clicked on it.  It said Kelly's Sewing Corner on West 26th Street....dang...that's less than 5 miles from my house!

 I stopped all conversation, grabbed my phone and called to see how late they were open....5pm!!



You all know I jumped in my car and off I went....hubby said something about pizza for dinner...I'll worry about that when I get home!






I found it no problem, it's located in this quaint little plaza.  I think I need to explore this plaza sometime....but not now...I'm on a mission!!






I open the door to the shop and off to the left is a white table....on the table...this is what greeted me:

This is Scraps.  I fell in love!!  For those of you who don't know me well...I had a Shih Tzu for 16 years....Hulk.  He was the best dog EVER!  shhhh don't tell my current pups....How cute is the toy in her mouth!!  I knew I found a place that I would return to!!  Kelly was on the phone with a customer when I got there...but i didn't mind....I entertained myself with Scraps!





What a great shop she has...nice selection of fabrics, precuts, notions, panels,...etc  I actually found a precut I hadn't heard of nor had I seen.  It's called Slice.  It appears to be a layer cake cut on the Di Angle (diagonal).  It came with a cute sailboat pattern.  I didn't buy it...but it's stuck in my head...so if it doesn't leave....I'm going back to get it!!!





Ok...back to the task at hand:




Here's there row.  I love the colors...winter grays:  grays, blacks,  cream. 






What else did I snag while I was there:

Of course the license plate!






I couldn't pass up this little cutie:

I'm a sucker for mini charms....maybe I'll make another mini tumbler table runner.....or maybe a tiny twister table runner....I've been wanting make another twister....hmmmm  I think I've got a plan for this one!






Last thing I bought:

We have several bird houses in our yard and most of these birds have visited them.  I couldn't pass it up...I think I'll put the sashing between them and make it look like a window.




My husband came up with an idea of the sashing....I think I'll try it.....stay tuned.  I think it's really special to have a hubby not only join in with my show and tell....but actually give me ideas!!!  This time I liked his idea....not aways....but sometimes....









As I checked out....I snapped a picture of Kelly.....  I've said this before and I mean it....it's so nice to go into a shop and be greeted, but also feel so comfortable and welcomed!!  Kelly has that shop!  I really enjoyed not only her shop....but getting to know her better!  AND I can't forget Scraps!  I came home with a bag of goodies and a big ole smile on my face!!!!





If you stop into Kelly's..... Give Scraps a pat on the head for me !!





Happy Sewing!!


Jill

4 comments:

  1. I've never been there, but plan on going now! Can't wait to meet Scraps & Kelly. Thanks Jill :D
    LyndaW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to pat Scraps for me!! What a cutie!! Don't forget to share any purchases on www.facebook.com/tadaquilting We'd all like to see!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting a picture of Kelly's row. I was a little confused about where to put the different prints and then I remembered that I saw a picture here. Can't wait for you to share more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see all the rows you get Diana!!! This is so much fun!! Melody, Heidi and I are trying to plan a "row gathering" day!! Stay tuned!!! hehe

      Delete