Monday, July 21, 2014

Where to next.....Row 5....

I've known Judy Fenton for years now....and I have formed one opinion.....


What ever Judy puts her mind to, she accomplishes it and it will be first class!!


So....when I got to the Fabric Outlet Barn/Needle in a Haystack.... I was not disappointed!!  (I knew I wouldn't be!)

(Ok.... Need to work on photo skills.... Add a N at the beginning and a ck at the end and you get the name ..... )



Just walking in the door, you could feel the homey/peaceful atmosphere.... It's located just outside Findley Lake, NY and could not be nicer.


 But before I go on about the inside....It starts on the outside.  There were several quilts hanging on a line, A fire pit for night time, a couple porches to relax on!!  Judy even made "sidewalk" path out of the tiles from the silo's that were attached to the barn back in the day!


I was so glad that Judy was there when I arrived, because I knew she'd take time out of her busy schedule to give me a tour!  I loved hearing the story of how they got the barn.  I'm not going to tell the whole story.....



For two reasons.....I think Judy tells it best and you should hear it first hand.....secondly...I probably couldn't recall all the details and it is a neat story!!




But I will share a tidbits ..... The barn at one time was a working barn which housed dairy cows....Judy had the neatest idea.....she kept the plaques of the cow's names where they stood when they were milked.  So as you walk around make sure to look up....you will see them and can just imagine what it looked like then and how awesome it is now!! 






Judy is a great host and if you are looking for a place to either retreat or take a class....check this place out!!  Or just stop by to shop!!!  The Fabric Outlet Barn has a great selection of fabrics very reasonably priced!! They are open during the week but closed on weekends during retreats...which makes sense so that the guest for the retreat can have the place to themselves. 




Here's the row.....




I think I can handle this!! 




I was thinking....it's been fun collecting these rows...but at some point in time, I need to start sewing them. I really like a few of the ones I got because they are not complicated or intricate.  It really shouldn't take much to be putting these rows together.




Along with this row....Judy is planning on creating a quilt(s) that combine the rows from both of her shops!!  Sounds like something to check out!!


Not sure where my next row will be from....I still have one close to home to visit and then I'll be on the road for a little bit....so maybe just maybe there will be new rows in my future!!


Happy Sewing!!


Jill







2 comments:

  1. It's turning into quite an adventure visiting the different shops for your rows! This shop sounds intriguing - I like that the cows' names are still there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your next USA destination??? I agree with you.... Seeing all the cows names on the places where their stalls were is such a great touch to the place!!

      Delete