Sunday, March 2, 2014

TA Da.... The dream is a reality!!

Shew is what I say... My hubby said it should be phew.... Either way ..... I am done with the top .... And....I like it!!!!  I hope you do to!!!

I really had fun with this project!  I just let the dream and the moment dictate the  process.

Left bottom corner seemed to be calling to semi match the top right corner.  

So I started adding strips to a gray rectangle.

What to do next??

  I decided to cut one more hexie and do a log cabin hexie....


I did not do the math or use any special technique.... I sewed a strip and then trimmed it on the angle of the hexie side.





Then I had to make it into a rectangle like the small ones I did.  Only problem is my 60 degree ruler is small.... Hhhmmmm. What to do, what to do.  I decided again no math.... Just wing it.


I took gray strips and sewed them on adjacent sides.  Then I trimmed them.



That worked out so well.... I did it to the other side!!

Only thing left was to add some gray filler and sew the last seam !

Ready..........



Yes that's the dogs toy.... I can't wait for the weather to warm up so they can get some exercise and settle down at night!!

This is Tommy.... He figured if Sophie could get on the blog last night.... Then so could he....

Well I think I will have sweet dreams tonight or maybe dreams of how to quilt it.


Hexie progress


Happy sewing !!

6 comments:

  1. Just catching up. I read yesterday's and today's. It probably worked better if I read them in order. But it all makes sense now. What cute dogs and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it!!!! The colors are great and the design is one of a kind! Good to see your "dream" come to true!!!! Tommy is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Glad my dream didn't turn into a nightmare.... Lol

      Delete
  3. I love your wool hexie quilt Jill!! It is awesome!!!! It's great when a plan comes together!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I agree... I love when a plan comes together!!! Love ya!!!!

      Delete