Saturday, March 22, 2014

I'm Back......

Hope all is well with all of you!!  I have been busy with my "day job" so I haven't had time to post this week.  But I'm back in the land of quilting....where I love to be!!!


Today was a good day!!  Last night I got a customer quilt loaded and spent today in my studio quilting away.


  This was made by Melody (aka bestie and my very first and best customer!!).   Very nice job Melody!!  This quilt is the mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter that started last November (2013) called Celtic Solstice.




I used Shamrock green thread which blended nice with the top.


Here's the back....again the thread blended nicely.


I used Celtic Curlz pantograph (just like Bonnie did!) from Urban Elementz.  Nice pantograph!!


Bonnie's mystery quilts are a lot of fun to participate in!!  If you have not done one before, consider doing one!  She announces fabric requirements in early November and the first clue comes out the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Normally runs 6-8 weeks!  She can be found at www.quiltville.com.

Since her quilts/mystery's are scrappy, Melly and I have fun swapping fabric.  Bonnie say's it's not a race, but Melly and I try not to let the other once get to far ahead of the other.....it's all in fun...or is it......  

Well we still are friends and have done the last 4 mystery quilts.


I love ending my week with a completed Hexie flower.  I'm still debating over appliqueing them onto a solid square or making it all hexies.  I doubt very much I will hand quilt it...so would it make more sense not to do it in all hexies? 


Here's my completed flowers so far.

Today is the start of a new flower!


Happy Sewing!!!


Jill



No comments:

Post a Comment