Monday, March 3, 2014

Is it Monday already????

Most people don't like Monday's.... Not me.... It's Fridays that give me a fit!!  I know you are saying "What... This girl is crazy".  Finishing my work week seems more stressful than any other day.

So Monday rolls around and the week looks hopeful!!  I started my day by buying the Daily Deal from Missouri Star Quilt Co.

Quilting Deals Every Day
Quilting Deals Every Day

Today's Deal 81% off

A New Leaf Charm Pack

By Mitzi Powers for Benartex

$1.88

Other Guys Price: $10.00

WE ARE SOLD OUT!

Check out our daily and weekly specials


Glad I ordered this morning.... It's all sold out!!

  I wanted to order some Tula Pink, Salt Water fabric line, that I need that for the Sail Boat quilt from Jenny Doan's tutorial. So I bought the Daily Deal (plus coordinating fabric) and the Tula Pink fabric.... Yippee

Work on Mondays was good.... Came home and my wonderful husband didn't mind I heated up left overs.... That gave me extra time to piece two backs.  One is for a charity quilt I am going to quilt.

Funny story on that one.... It was given to me with a big piece if flannel.... But it wasn't "wide" enough.  So I called my bestie and told her.... She said she'd look for another back. 

 Well this morning I got to thinking about it and realized if I cut the flannel in half and sewed it side to side....then TURNED the quilt it would fit.  Duh.... Not quite an Ah Ha moment but I'll take it!

2nd back is for my new creation.  I found a huge amount of light weight, I'm guessing suiting wool, that I could cut twice & piece it to fit my quilt.


Now to decide thread color.... I decided to start out with my favorite.... Monopoly ... I mean MonoPoly thread...lol

It took me awhile to figure out quilting pattern.... I don't have it all figured out yet but I have an idea.  

I don't know what your process is...but for me.... I stare at it for awhile.  Sometimes I find it helpful to hang the quilt on my design wall while I am doing another quilt.  This way I can keep looking at it and thinking about it while I work on another project.



Sometimes once you get started it starts to flow.


I didn't get to much done but all in all I was very happy with my Monday.  And I didn't forget my hexie!!


Hope you had a good Monday!!!
(One day closer to the weekend!!!!)

Happy sewing!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jill - Your sister Jeni sent me over to check out your new blog - LOVE this wool quilt and your quilting on it is awesome. I'm hooked on hexies too, though I haven't made any with wool (yet) Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill! I'm sending my friends over to check out your awesome blog! I love how you are quilting your dream wool quilt!! Makes me wanna get back to the wool quilt I started a few years ago, and have you quilt it!!! Love you!....Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Friday's too...it's the day I clean house! UGH!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you made my Friday's seem better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, on Mondays I am fresh, energized, and ready to tackle the week. On Fridays I am tired and ready to retreat to my own space and my own heart's desires!

    ReplyDelete