Thursday, May 1, 2014

Quilt Show anyone....

Last year Heidi, Melody, and I were the first people in the flash mob behind the band at the official beginning of the AQS Show in Paducah.  We came around the first corner and ended up stopping right in front of Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims.  I couldn't believe....I have watched Alex Anderson for many years and there she was...I could reach out and touch her.  I didn't....it was the first day of the show and I didn't want to spend my time trying to explain to a security officer that I wasn't a stalker...really I'm not!   So when the festivities were done, I made a bee line right back there to get my subscription to The Quilt Show. 
Here I am tell Alex about how we would watch her while we made charity quilts.

I wasn't familiar with the show...but figured if Alex and Ricky were involved, it had to be good.  What a fantastic show!!  So many different guests, techniques, and information!!  Justin is a fantastic "MC" at the beginning of the episodes.  They are so entertaining and natural with all their guests!  I have pretty much watched all the episodes over the last year.  Check them out at www.thequiltshow.com.  They have free shows you can check out before getting your subscription!


This year, being with Accomplish Quilting and ABM, Innova longarm booth, I got to see most vendors pass by as they were either setting up, coming and going each day, then tearing down. 


One morning I ran over and got a renewal to my subscription, got my magazine signed and got my picture taken!



One morning, Nancy and I greeted Alex as she came in and showed her how the Sequin Stitcher worked.  Nancy does a beautiful job with it!!!  The three of us had a great visit!!


As the show ended and we all were packing up, Justin and I got to talk a little bit about another love of ours.....Our Harley's!!  I'd love to ride with them some day.....hey a girl can dream can't she!!!!


I'll end this with.....I'm counting down the days until I can watch Episode 1410...with you guessed it...Bonnie Hunter!!!


Happy Sewing!!!


Jill
  

No comments:

Post a Comment