Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Where to begin!!

I spent Thursday through Sunday at the Pittsburgh Quilt Market with Virginia Longarm Network...sharing my love for the Innova longarm!!!


When I bought my Innova a few years ago...I had no idea the journey that purchase would take me on!!  Last month it was Paducah and this month Quilt Market in Pittsburgh, PA. 


Virginia Longarm Network (www.virginialongarm.com) is the Mid-Atlantic distributor/training center for Innnova longarms.  They actually cover PA, Va, W Va, NC, and SC....I might have missed a state...so check out their website to see if they cover your area!


I met Valerie Schlake back in November at a training at her place....I was very impressed at the operation and all the staff there were so friendly.....Michelle Eno taught the class and I thought we all hit it off nicely!! 


Fast forward to last week.....Thanks to Valerie, I was off to the Quilt Market....how exciting is that!!  I was getting a great opportunity to talk about one of the things I love....My Innova longarm!!  ok...the fact that I just get to talk and talk and talk is a bonus!!  You know....I'm shy and often quiet....ok maybe only when I'm sleeping..


I met Valerie, Michelle, Matt, and Greg at the convention center and helped them finish setting up.

I became the "boy scout" because I was pretty much prepared for everything.  I over heard Michelle talking to Valerie about a banner and if we could sew them together....I said...."do you need a sewing machine?  I have my feather weight".  Well I got a little bit of a look and was asked..."you have one with you?"...to which I replied...."usually never leave home without one."

  Most will laugh...but if you are ever with me and need something to do...I'll have a couple projects with me.  My moto is...if I can fit it in...it goes!!  My husband jokes with everyone and says I can get my machine on the back of my bike....not really a joke...it fits and I've taken it on the bike.

So they tried sewing it on the machine but wasn't getting the results they wanted so decided it would work if you sewed it by hand......I had everything they needed....LOL  I got a few laughs....but I think behind the giggles...these two were happy I had what was needed. 


After dinner we called it  an early night....6:30am comes mighty early!!  However we got to talk a little bit and I knew then....I was in for a good weekend.  The three of us seem to have the same sense of humor.    I must say tho, I'm not sure they knew exactly what they were in for.....However they put up with me and only asked each other once  "Where did we find her" . 

I think the booth looked awesome and we were already to go in the morning!!


Auto pilot. 

Pantovision
Behind it is the 18" Standard machine

Sit down

Birds poster

Here's the three of us....
Hhhhmmmm.  We just realized we had the same color shirts on.    Just kidding .... 
Ok...we Gained composure (Michelle, Valerie, me)

Let the show begin !!!

Stay tuned..... Next up.....  All the wonder people I saw at market.....

Happy Sewing!!

Jill


2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it great!!! It was lovely to see you Jill, who knows where we will meet again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great!! So glad to see you here on the blog!! I do hope we run into each other again!!

      Delete