Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What to do with my scraps.....

I have a few good friends who say "it's scary what goes on in your head"..... That makes me giggle.  I don't take it as a insult....I take it as a compliment.  I love being creative and seeing things just a little left of center.


Anyways....so one day a thought pops into my head.  I pondered it for a little bit and decided to act upon it. 


Here is my bin of 1 1/2" strips and squares, with some white fabric.


I got out my computer and a piece of paper and wrote out a message....now how to get that in a quilt....


I started by sewing a bunch of 4 patches and 6 patches....

Now that they're ironed....time to start my message.




Here's part of the message.....any idea's yet??


so I started putting it all together...



Remember this picture?   This is part of the quilt but it's sideways.


But life got in the way of progress so I had to put it up for awhile.


Finally I got to finish the top at Turtle Rock!



So what do you think?  Any ideas on what the total message is?


I'm hoping to get this quilted in June, but right now I'm getting packed and ready to head to Pittsburgh for the spring Quilt Market!  I'm so excited to be helping out Virginia Longarm Network (www.virginialongarm.com).  Valerie, Michelle and I will be showing everyone how the Innova Longarm is:  Built to Quilt!!! 




Don't forget to leave a comment on the Mother's Day and Give-a-way post to have a chance at winning the Paper Pieces goodies!!!   Sunday when I reveal who won, I will also post the full message of my quilt.


Happy Sewing!


Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment