Sunday, May 25, 2014

Market was so much fun.....

It is hard to believe a week has gone by and market is now a memory....I had full intentions of having my market posts done before now....oh well...life has a way of slowing progress in some areas down, so that we can make progress in other areas....Life is a balancing act!!


So  before another week goes by....Here's some of the people I saw:


To my surprise...pleasant surprise....I saw so many local people I know.



Here's Cathy, she too was helping out a vendor.  Cathy is the person who made the Peak-a-boo bear quilt that I posted on my Facebook page (www.facebook/tadaquilting.com) for Sarah's senior project. 




Here's Candace.  She's my dear friend and owner of Turtle Rock - the retreat place we go to twice a year (www.turtlerock-retreat.com).  She was with Caroline from Eden Sewing Center....the place where we "Stop, Drop(lots of money), and Roll (all our goodies to the car). www.edensewingcenter.com.



Debbie does beautiful work and I was lucky enough once to get a piece she made for our guild Christmas exchange!  It is beautiful!  If I wasn't behind on so much...and I knew "exactly" where it was in all the decoration boxes (of course the boxes aren't labeled)....I'd go get a picture of it...but I will try to remember it at Christmas time when I unpack my decorations.


Then there was the family brigade:

My cousins, Jenny, Gretchen, and Judy are owners/creators of the magazine Primitive Quilts and Projects (www.primitivequiltsandprojects.com).  Awesome magazine with plenty of information and projects.  Their website has lots of info and projects too....check it out!!!




Jeni




Jeni trying out the sitdown....she is a great quilter and has so much creativity...I love her designs!!!  I believe we will be seeing more of Jeni and her designs in the future!!




Gretchen, me, Jeni.


I missed getting pictures of "Ask Mom", my aunt Mary and Uncle George, my cousins Judy and her daughter Leah....sometimes the brain and camera are not connected....next time!!!


I think this next story is so neat......and proves it can be a small world!!


Last year Heidi and I took Melody to Paducah for her birthday (let's just leave it at a milestone birthday).  At the beginning of the show, they have a high school marching band go through and anyone with a quilt can follow the band in....flash mob style.   So we did it....along with Cheryl and  Marie and a gazillion of others.......in that crowd was a woman from New Zealand.  We exchanged good mornings and welcomed her to the US.  Of course we ran into her several times over the few days we were  in Paducah.   Ok....fast forward little over one year later at Market......



You guessed it.... Raewyn saw me at market and we hugged and laughed....how small is this world!!  

But I'm glad I ran into her.  I believe I now have a friend across the pond that I'm hoping to see again.  Not sure I'll ever get to New Zealand...but if I do...I hope to see my new friend....well maybe it's my old friend now....isn't wonderful how quilting unites us!!  I always cherish the people I get to talk to and meet whether locally or world wide!!


Happy Sewing!!


Jill



4 comments:

  1. Hehe. You were very good with your camera, snapping us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still so tickled we ran into each other again!! Glad you are hanging out here with me!!!

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy your blog. Thanks for keeping us informed. I can live vicariously thru you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm just glad you and others enjoy reading it!! I have so much fun posting my adventures!!

      Delete