Friday, May 2, 2014

Photo anyone.....

I am ending my Paducah adventure posts with sharing my pictures of those I got to meet....




This is Tina (Left) and Cindy(Right).  These ladies are from Pa and know my good friend Heidi!! 



Maxine and Debby, who I met at Birds of a Feather (www.virginialongarm.com) in February!


Sometimes it's a small world!!



Here's Duane and Deb Granger from Freedom Start Quilt Shop.  www.freedomstartuntied.com.  They have an awesome selection of Military/Patriotic Fabrics and much more.  They are involved in Quilts of Valor.  From the bottom of this military mom's heart.....Thank you for all you do with our military!!!!  Can't wait to see them again at Quilt Market in Pittsburgh!




This was one of the most exciting parts of my week.....



 Sue Patten liked my quilt!!!!!  I can not express how it feels to have master quilter tell you "Your quilt is phenomenal".  I had her repeat it....lol   I love her work and hope our paths cross again!!  Her freehand quilting is absolutely fabulous!!  Her book, Adaptable Quilting Designs sold out at the show....I was so bummed not to get it and have her autograph it.  It will definitely be in my library as soon as I quit blogging and order it on line!






Nancy is on the left.  Cindy is on the right.







Nancy and Julie at Hancocks




Lastly, I want to say....Nancy McNally is a really beautiful person and I'm glad I got to know her better this trip!!   I met Nancy at Birds of a Feather.  When I was asked to help with Paducah and saw the list of those going...I was very pleasantly surprised to see her name!!  We were two peas in a pond at Paducah!! She was my photographer and put up with me....which means she giggled at what she called "Jillism's" ...got to love someone who laughs with you and thinks you're funny!!!   I learned a lot from her and watching her on the Innova Sequin Stitcher was a joy! I am looking forward to meeting up with her again.....I feel blessed to be considered her friend!
This picture doesn't do the Sequin Stitcher justice....it's really something you need to see in person.  What an awesome idea Innova developed!!!  So many possibilities to use sequins!!!  Nancy made this piece to wish AQS a Happy 30th Birthday!  By the way.... I did the feather in the upper left.... But Nancy made it look good!



 Nancy does teaching, designing, and longarming.....very very talented!!!  She has online classes at www.anniescatalog.com.  There's a nice "Get to know our Teachers" video of Nancy.  She also has a blog at:  www.nancyonestitchatatime.blogspot.com!  If you ever see her in person....tell her Hi from me!!




I had such a memorable time at Paducah!!  I am still smiling and thinking fondly of all the people I met and all the experiences I had!!!


Off next to a quilt retreat with 5 great people...they are my life line and I am in need for some old fashion quilting fun!!  Stay tuned!!!!!






Happy Sewing,




Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment