Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Can't go to Paducah without a trip to Handcocks

Thankfully Hancocks of Paducah is open late!!  Nancy, Caroline, Terry, Julie, and I decided to stop by Handcocks of Paducah on our way home on Friday.  One would think after working all day, you would be to tired to shop.  But, real quilters never get to tired to shop!!  Plus by shopping....we would have dinner ready for us when we got home!!  (Thanks Doug!!!)


Side tangent:  Between Terry's deserts, Cindy's soup and fajita's, and Doug's excellent cooking and  Jeff who got up early, early, early in the morning to cook us bacon and eggs for breakfast.  The meals were unbelievable!!!  Opps....forgot Nancy's veggies and Doug's guacamole ....yummy!!!  Yes mom, I ate my veggies and definitely cleaned my plate!!  The rest of us were very willing to clean up after dinner!!  I brought bacon flavored Pringles....can't go wrong with bacon flavor  :).


Ok...back to subject at hand...


Here we are getting out of the car.....






I can't believe I didn't take pictures of Edyta Sitar's quilts that were hanging in Handcocks...they had several of them with kits to purchase....Neatest part of them.....Julie quilted them!!!!! 






Rut Row....Nancy and Julie found the flat fold table....I had to go find them a cart!!!








Here's Terry....Trying to find some border fabric for her quilt in progress.  She already had her cart....


Side Note:  Terry does the most beautiful applique!!!  I hope I get to see that quilt when it's done!!!


Here's Nancy getting her fabric cut.....

One piece.....
Two.....

Another.....



As for me...... I got something to share with my bestie....so no pictures of my purchase....but I will say...I got away with spending less than $30.




 My husband doesn't believe me...because every other time I have been to Handcock of Paducah....it's been over 10 times that amount.  I guess you can be to tired to shop after all!  

Julie and Caroline showed the most restraint!  Caroline couldn't find the fabric she was looking for and Julie only bought a marking pen.....WTG Girls!!!






I did honor the request of my bestie....well kind of....Last year when we were there....she touched and I am not exaggerating...EVERY bolt of Moda fabric.  She requested I touch them all this year.  I do have a witness (Nancy) I touched a few!


Here's the sunset as we drive back to the lake house...where our dinner was waiting for us!!!






Happy Sewing!!


Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment