Thursday, April 24, 2014

Having way to much fun!!!

Monday was bitter sweet, I had to say good bye to my son....but I had a wonderful visit.  Why do kids have to grow up and move out?  Oh, wait....I know...so we can buy the toys we want, such as motorcycles, longarm quilting machines, (insert your hobbies here), etc....


Anyways...after one last hug and a kiss, I was off to Paducah!!  I was making pretty good timing....such good timing, I hit Nashville at rush hour, yuck...




After I got through that...it was smooth sailing to my new destination!!  Accomplish Quilting (www.accomplishquilting.com) rented a house for all of us to stay at.  I got a warm reception from everyone!!  I even got a big ole hug from Nancy McNally...I was ready to settle in!!  Jeff made a fabulous pork tenderloin on the grill and Nancy made some great veggies and Terry added a fantastic strawberry pie!!!






This is our morning view from our house.....It is so peaceful!! 


But no time for relaxing now....it was an early departure for setup!!




Here's Julie, Alvin, Caroline, Nancy, and Terry.




Me, Nancy, Terry, and Julie.....last of the photo ops...Now to get busy...let the transformation begin!!




Oh wait...first things first....let's make it official!!!


Ok...back to work...









Machine are getting started....Nancy and Terry testing out the machine.




I was so happy we got to hang 3 of my quilts in the booth!!!  Here's my wool quilt and my white modern quilt!!  At least I can say my quilts have hung in Paducah....LOL


Sign's up....making progress...


Finished setting up.....quick meal and back to the convention center.....Preview show at 7:30....

Boy were we tired at the end of the day!!  Back to the house Doug and Jeff treated us to some pizza and off to bed!!  Show starts in the morning.....


Before the show started...I took a quick walk around and here's who I found.....






This is Julie and JoAnne from Paper Pieces!!!!  I was so excited to meet these ladies!!  The are so funny and helpful!!  If you haven't started your hexies or English paper piecing projects, you need to....GO check them out!!!   www.paperpieces.com




The show begins with the High School band coming through....It is so much fun to watch and gets you pumped up to let the fun begin!!


They let anyone with a quilt walk behind the band and dance along with them!!  I did this last year and had a blast.  I danced in the booth....some guy said "boy you know how to have a good time and dance"   LOL   Seeing the band reminded me of the great time Melly and Heidi and I had last year!!


Here's the Erie crew!!  Chris, Cheryl, Shelia, and Marie came down from Erie and joined the band!!!




Check out their back packs ......Cheryl made these for the girls to take to Paducah!


I had several people stop and see and see me today....It's so much fun to see people I know at the show!!!




Here's Maxine and Debby....2 really nice ladies I met at Birds of a Feather!  Anyone who's looking to take longarm classes needs to check out Virginia Longarm's Birds of a Feather.   www.virginialongarm.com.

Today is a new day...... Hint hint!!!


Happy sewing!!!

Jill

1 comment:

  1. What a great post!! Makes me wish I was there. Glad to know you kept up our dancing tradition with the band!! We sure had a blast last year. Glad to see our Erie friends dancing too! I'm so proud of you, you saw an opportunity to do something you love and ran with it. You go girlfriend!!!! See you soon. Our quilt retreat is fast approaching!!! Melly

    ReplyDelete