Saturday, April 19, 2014

First leg of trip started......

I left Erie yesterday around 10:30 and made it all the way to Kennesaw, GA around 11pm.  It is no problem when I travel alone...but what a joy it was to have someone to talk to during the trip.  A co-worker was planning a trip to visit her sisters and I offered to supply the ride.  What do they say....if you want to get to know someone...travel with them. 


Well Angela and I were in close quarters for 12 hours....It might  be hard for some of you to believe that two people can talk for 12 hours....I'm here to say...it's possible!!  It was a very nice easy trip with a lot of talking, snacking, minor stopping, and a lot of giggling!!  I have to add....I DID NOT do all the talking...I know some of you don't believe that, but I did let Angela talk every so often!  Angela's sister offered to let me spend the night at their house...what an nice gesture!!  I decided to take them up on it.


I got up to the sound of happy little twin girls.  Angela's nieces are, I think, just under 1...what cuties!!  Their family couldn't have been nicer to me!!  I really enjoyed that leg of the trip.


Well....I was off by 7am....It was a pretty easy 6 hour drive and got in around noon.


What does one do when they think it's to early to check into their hotel??

Don't know about you....but I go to the quilt shop. 



Quilting By the Bay is a really nice shop.  I found it the last month when I was here...so I decided to check it out.  They have a great variety of patterns, fabrics, kits,...etc!!  The staff are really friendly!  I didn't take any pictures inside because they were really busy and didn't need to be distracted by me.


I brought several, several projects to work on, as matter of fact, I brought the kit I bought from them last month to work on, but I couldn't resist buying this!!  It's so summery or is it summerie...(my spell checkers will text me and I will change it...  thanks mom, melody, and duane!!) 

So after a quick trip to Walmart to get a some water and a quick lunch ...I've been told I don't drink enough water, so I decided that I would try to drink more while I'm away from home.  Won't they all be surprised when I come home with some pop.   I found the hotel and checked in!!




I had requested my same room as last time and La Quinta is so accommodating.  I love the view and the desk/table is perfect to serve as my sewing room away from home!!



All set up to sew while I'm here...I just have to figure out what to start....will it be finishing the sail boat quilt I started last time I was here, how about sewing the binding on a sample quilting piece I did, or one of the three small kits I brought....decisions decisions....guess you will have to tune it tomorrow to find out!  I bet it will take me til tonight to figure it out!



I do know I'm going to catch up on my Hexies!!  As you can see....I have a few paper hexie's available to sew.  Half of these are Melly's....but who want to count out 375 3/4 pieces of paper....sounded like a good idea to split it...but I guess I didn't think it through.....LOL. 

Happy Sewing!!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment