Friday, May 15, 2015

Turning Pre-cuts into quilts....

I've been busy at the studio with new renters and customer quilts.... Throw Paducah in the mix and poof it's mid May!

So here's what I've been working on:


It started out with a Missouri star quilt company daily deal of a turnover called tried-and-true.
And half square triangles of Kona cotton. 

I love the daily deals we always have fun buying them and Bonus- I am using them and enjoying every minute of it!  Which means I just made room for more Daily Deals 😊.




I sewed them together using my "15 minutes of sewing a day" plan.  Before I knew it I had them all ironed open and ready to trim.


The Kona cotton half square triangles were bigger than the turnover so I had to trim them down but it was well worth it.

Did I mention that I started doing this project prior to going to a quilt retreat.   LOL ....I guess I got excited and started sewing early it only took me a few nights to get it all together.

This worked well because when I got to Turtlerock which is located in Angola, New York all I had to do was add the two borders which took no time at all.  So now I look like I have made major progress in a very short period of time LOL.  It measures approximately 53 x 69!  

I am here with my mom, my aunt Martha, my bestie Melody, her sister Heidi, and Myra.  Skackers because they don't have anything finished yet..... Hehe.  I have the only laptop.... So hopefully they will not use their smart phone to read the blog until after we leave....  Love Ya ladies!!

I'm so excited to be away and having fun with these ladies -they are my lifeline as I always say!

 I can't wait to start my new project which is going to be The Christmas tree pattern that I started prior to the studio opening up. I'm looking forward to getting it done so stay tuned more projects.  BTW....the ladies are working hard!!!
 
Happy Sewing!!!

Jill 

No comments:

Post a Comment