Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wow!! Was that a blast!!!

I can't  put in words how much fun Jenny Doan is in person!!!

Jenny and her daughter Natalie are so friendly and funny !!!

A big thank you to Judy Fenton and Meghan for bringing her to their retreat : Needle in a Haystack.  So jealous of the ladies that got to stay there with her!!  Glad she orgainized the trunk show at the Findley Lake Community Center for us to enjoy!!!

I felt like I had crawled through my computer and came out in YouTube .... Tutorial land !!   

One quilt after another with a little bit of explanation....


I want to make that one 


And that one

And that one.....

Then the moment came... Show is over and we got in line to meet her!!  Kris and I brought our Iron Quilter entries.... Would she sign them.... Would she like them???

I was first up and asked her to sign my quilt... I told her the name "Lovely Tutorial" and explained I used her tutorials to create the blocks.... She smiled and stood up, called Natalie over told her what I did and said "We need to get a picture of this". 

Let me tell you..... Boy did that make me feel good!!!   

I prob going to be smiling about that for awhile.  Poor Melly (and anybody who will listen to me) will be hearing this story!  

What's the best friend code..... You politely listen to the same story say 100 times before you say "HUSH UP"??

She called Natalie over again to get a picture of Kris's quilt.  She really seem to like them both!

Kris's quilt is so beautiful in person!!   I didn't get the bottom of her quilt - she appliquéd flowers. I can't believe she didn't make it to the finals!  But having Jenny see our quilts in person was better than winning!!

Jenny put up with us for a little bit longer and took a group picture with us!!


I feel so blessed to be surrounded by a great bunch of ladies who like to sew, giggle, and just have fun like I do!!!


This girl will be having sweet dreams tonight!!

P/S.... Next quilt.... Sailboat quilt... I have the same fabric they made theirs out if.... Tulia Pinks Salt Water line!!  Why didn't I get a picture it that one.... Lol

Happy Sewing!!!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. Wish I could have been there. Could you start working on getting her to come to guilt as a national teacher???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially loved the group photo! Your faces all show what a good time you were having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Promise not to drive ya all crazy at Stash Blasters!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hope you get to meet her someday!! Bonnie is coming to our guild next year...have to keep you updated...I have one person who wants on the list....If you want, I'll add you so that if we open it up to non-guild members, you will be 2nd....just let me know.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting the pictures, Jill. Very gracious and down-to-earth are a couple of phrases that describe Jenny perfectly.

    ReplyDelete