Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pre-Cut Anyone.....

One could argue that I have to many pre-cuts..... That one would be my husband....he's a wonderful man but obviously knows nothing about collecting fabric.  

Here's how this addiction started.... I was searching the web to find a tutorial on the binding tool... Like most I bought a tool and had no idea how to use it.  So I found this very good YouTube video.  Little did I know what I (and several of those close to me was in for). 

Watched the video and thought .... Hhhmmmm who's this Jenny Doan and what is Missouri Star Quilt Co.   So.... I ventured to the website (www.missouriquiltco.com)  What do I see... A tab that says Daily Deal.  Daily deal what's a daily deal.... I clicked it and up popped this really good deal on a pre-cut.  I don't remember what it was but I can tell you it was too good to pass up.... So I ordered it and made a mental note.... Daily deal - must check back the next day.   So what did I do next.... I called my best friend Melly and said "OMG" guess what I found.... Explain it and she started to order.... We in turn told others and the frenzy began!  For those of you who hate me for telling you.... I appogize.... Hehehe 

I have to say I have made several quilts out of the daily deal pre-cuts (don't forget to order coordinating fabric!) and the tutorials!  

I've been known to wake up in the middle of the night and before I can go back to sleep.... I Check daily deal (dd) and order.  With a smart phone, I don't even need to get out of bed.  Melly and I text each morning as to whether or not we are buying.  Gm nb means "good morning not buying". Yes that does happen some times!   Bot plus yd.  means bought plus coordinating fabric.

One of our favorite dd is free shipping.  Melly cracked me up one day when she says "what can I buy to save $5 on shipping". 

Here are some of the quilts I have made with the pre-cuts.  Several are made using the tutorials.

One of my favorites was magic square with lemon tree.  I made it and use it as my outer shower curtain w/matching curtains.

I am so excited because this Saturday, Jenny Doan will be at the Needle in a Haystack near Findley Lake, NY.  A retreat/store run by Judy Fenton and family (www.millcreeksew.com)

 Melly and I can't not wait to see Jenny in person!!  I am hoping to get her to sign my Iron Quilter entry (in the background of the first picture).  

Wish me luck and please post a comment on what pre-cuts you like... Your experience with the daily deal!

Happy sewing!!

Jill

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous because I waited and the event was sold out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I started buying precuts too. I love Jenny. I'm actually getting ready to start her zipper quilt; the tutorial was recently added to YouTube. I also signed up for their new "Block" magazine - what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! Wish you were closer... You could of gone with us to her trunk show. I will post on Sat/Sunday!!

      Delete
  3. By the way, that bathroom is wild! I bet it doesn't take long to wake up in the morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the guest bathroom.... The camera made it a little more yellow than it is.... But it would wake ya up!! Lol

    ReplyDelete