Monday, September 29, 2014

What do 16 women do on a Saturday night......

Have fun of course!!

Well first we eat some awesome food.....well let me tell you these women know how to cook and bake!!!  From the two kinds of lasagna to the homemade beer bread and the desserts we out of this world!!  We did have salad too....  :)

We had two visitors with us for dinner......Tracy and Carrie.  These two sisters were vending in the Dance studio.  Carried Away Designs in Wool is the name of the company and I'll post more about this later. 

After dinner we headed upstairs for dessert.....

We started with....

Birthday cake for Waynna!!  Ok...so we didn't have candles...but I said....One man's spatula is another crazy quilting ladies makeshift candle!!!

Our friends left and we headed back downstairs for show-n-tell!

We all showed what purchases we got throughout our day!  It is so much fun to see everyone's purchases!!  There was just a little bit of giggling!!  Ok...more than a little bit....that's what I love about these ladies.....too funny!


After all that...several of the ladies went all the way up to the top floor and made a wreath...to be honest, I can't believe they got anything done....I was one floor below sewing and the laughing coming from above put a smile on our faces!!  There's nothing better that women in their 50 and 60's getting silly and giggling like 10 year olds!! 

I have to say a great big thank you to Cathy and whoever helped her pull this together!!!  And the biggest thank you goes out to each of the other 15 women I spent the weekend with!!  The sisterhood atmosphere that was present all weekend was just what I needed to recharge my soul!! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Happy Sewing!!

Jill

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Even if your are down these women lift your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chautauqua is over for another year. Such fun, as usual!

    ReplyDelete