Monday, September 1, 2014

Spending time with friends!!

Since I have been home....I have tried to make the most out of my time.


I was lucky because Stash Blasters fell on a day when I was home.  I don't get to attend as much as I'd like.....but always cherish this group!! 


Some months someone will give us a block to make for next meeting.  Last month, Judy shared a block she created that was part of a pattern she created!  It was published in a book!!

Here's Melody (aka bestie), showing us what she created from the block.
Melody actually had the book...and Pauline got hers out to so........

Here's Judy autographing the book....so cool do be published!! 


Next up.....
Cathy showing her table runners she made. 

Then Noreen showed a couple of her creations

Isn't that wreath awesome!!  Hope Noreen will teach us how to make that some day (hint hint).

What a beautiful quilt!  Now....to my defense...we had Stash Blaster's a week ago and there isn't a head in any of my pictures of this quilt....so if you know me....that means....I'm not remembering who's this is....I think Noreen...but could of been Cathy or Patty....


Judy showed us her wonky star quilt.....great colors and I love the pieced middle border!


Debbie got some great jelly rolls to donate to Loving Hands...a local group of ladies that make charity quilts.
Debbie crocheted this beautiful afghan....
Besides the flowers.....there's caterpillars, lady bugs, and 3d butterflies. 


Waynna did a little demo on a spray adhesive....You can spray it indoors and after it dries it is no longer sticky.   I think I will be getting a can of this!!  I love when we share new finds!!!


Lynda made a few of these little dolls w/quilts....sooo cute!!
.

Her potholders.....


How cute is this little wall hanging.....


Waynna and I were trying to figure a way to get it in our bags....LOL  We wouldn't have done it........but it was so cute!!
How about her this black and yellow beauty!! 




Marie showed what she did with these old bow tie blocks.  These blocks needed some TLC and Marie did a great job into turning what she was given into a keepsake!!  Nice Job Marie!!


Pauline showed her quilt top!!  I love yellow's and blues!! 


Last but not least....


Cheryl showed us how she took the pattern where you take 3 one yard pieces and cut them in such a way that you get 3 different quilts.  Cheryl added a section and quilted as she went and created this gorgeous quilt.


Cheryl also shared this little container she found and decided it's purpose is to hold hexie flowers and when it gets full.....she will make something!  I bet if she did one a day it would fill in no time!!!


These ladies are awesome!!  The talent, the caring and sharing is phenomenal!!

I really had a great time....I love having a good time and helping with the giggles....however....I did get asked what goes on in my head....LOL  I can't really answer that...but if you have ever been near me at an event.....you know I usually think of a funny and say it.....I can say I crack myself up.....just hope to make others laugh occasionally...  Life is to short not to giggle and have a good time!!


 I'm leaving next Monday for the AQS show in Chattanooga, TN.  I''m looking forward to spending time with the Accomplish Quilting crew!!!  Hope to see some of you at the show...please make sure you stop by the Innova booth and say Hi!! 


Happy Sewing!!

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Lots of familiar faces in this post. Great job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete