Sunday, December 14, 2014

Who's got a T-Shirt??

Yesterday I taught a T-shirt quilt class.   As I prepared for they class, I thought it would be a couple hours of teaching and helping students get their projects started....Wrong.....



Why I said wrong was..... I didn't put any thought into what we would really learn in class.

First lesson..... It's a small world.   Laurie, it turns out, had met Chris before.  Chris, Rachel, and I work together and Laurie works at a similar non profit.   So Laurie also knows several of our co-workers.

Second lesson..... What great memories this T-Shirts have!!!   

Rachel has a ton of her dad's shirts from all the runs he's participated in.   You could tell she was very proud of him and wants to give him this special gift for Christmas!   For not having any sewing experience, she is a quick learner and went to town!!


.


Chris told us about her daughters dancing experience and all the t-shirts that went along with it!!   Chris's creative side kicked in and wants to incorporate her daughters dancing costumes into her project..... What a great idea!!



Laurie's project was about her son's shirts and she was working on a wall hanging size t-shirt quilt.  Football fan and Irish heritage....what a greatcway to capture his personality!

It was very nice hearing all the stories and helping these great ladies with their projects!!


Me, Laurie, Chris, Rachel.....new friends at the beginning but feeling like old friends at the end!!

As I went through my bag of shirts I've saved from my wardrobe and my kids.... I got flooded with all the memories of times past.

What a great idea some one came up with to take something that may be a little worn, doesn't fit anymore and turn it into something to cuddle with and smile all over again!!!

Hope this sparks some of you to drag out those shirts or start saving them to turn into a memory quilt someday!!!

Happy Sewing!!!


Jill








No comments:

Post a Comment