Friday, November 21, 2014

Welcome to Winter

Ugh......That's the best (polite) word I can come up with at this point....



They say timing is everything and I'm sure glad my Open House was before the snow hit!!! 

Of course we could live a little further north and this weather would be inviting.  It's all in the perspective of where you live!!  I'm wishing all those in Buffalo, NY (and surrounding area) are safe and the snow goes a way quickly!! 

I kind of like the snow.....what I don't like is temperatures below 35 degrees.  I prefer them to be higher...but as long as it doesn't get below 35 I'm ok with winter.  

My husband and I try to ride our motorcycles at least once a month.  Yes you heard me right....once a month, that means all months.  Normally November isn't hard because the beginning of the month may be cold, but never snowy.  We will take advantage of the first nice day because you never know!!

December through February can be a challenge, but we have made it so far (since 2009).  I have to add at this point, I'm not as dedicated as I once was, but hubby hasn't missed.  Although, I have been known to take the ice pick and pick a path out of the driveway the width of the tire.....just to go for a ride.   We both so enjoy those bikes (ok some could call that  crazy and I guess I couldn't disagree) and it's hard to wait til spring. 

Heidi found these snow bikers and gave them to me as a present...I turned them into a quilt....I think this one could be me.....



I did name my longarm W. Harley, W standing for winter.  Handle bars are handle bars and I can honestly say that I'm happy whether is nice or yucky out!!!


Ok....back to the present.....Since the open house,  I've been settling into my new digs and loving my Studio!!  I'm pleased and excited from all the new people that are stopping by to "check me out". 

Having 3 machines is awesome!!  I'm getting to know my new Autopilot and it's able to make short work of my customer quilts!!  My bestie has named him Ka-Chow after Cars Lightning McQueen.  It has Lightning Stitch.  

I call him my best employee!!  I still get to load hand guided quilts on my other two machines, which makes me happy....hand guiding is what I fell in love with....so now I feel like I have the best of both worlds!! 

I don't know if I mention to you all....I'm renting my hand guided machines.  I am so excited about this program!  It gives everyone the opportunity to do their quilts themselves if they want. I wish I would have had the opportunity to rent a machine when I first became aware of longarms!! 

Today, I'm working on....this blog, and Kathy's quilt!  It's a beautiful bright quilt.  I love Kathy's color choices.  I've done a few of her quilts and love her use of bright colors and fabric design choices!
.

.
Back of quilt.   Thankfully no one walked in as I was laying on my back under table to get this picture   :)

I'm also taking this pile of fabric:


and turning it into:
I love Quiltmaker's Patchpal patterns!!!  This cute monkey is being made for a customer as a gift for her nephew who will be entering the world next month!!  

So....I need to end this blog and get busy sewing!!! 

Happy Sewing!!

Jill

2 comments: