Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Big...... TA DA!!!

I am so excited!!! 


As you can see from the picture.....I am embarking on a new adventure!!  3628 West 12th Street, Erie, PA 16506 will be my new home away from home!!

I've been professionally longarm quilting out of my house for a couple years now, but over this summer a dream started to peculate (I love that word...hehehe) and it is about to be a dream come true!!

First I need to thank a few people who have helped make this a reality!!!



Valerie Schlake (middle) owner of Virginia Longarm Network (www.virginialongarm.com) took a phone call from this crazy chick from Erie.....from that moment, I really thought we connected and there was such an ease in our conversation!!  I don't think either one of us could of anticipated what was to come but I'm sure glad I made that call!!!

That was followed by meeting her at the Pittsburgh Sewing Expo August of last year.  Again, I walked away thinking I really like this person!!  WELL that was followed by training at her facility.  There I met Michelle Eno  (Left....which leaves me on the right...lol). - also known by me as a phenomenal teacher!!!

I was so blown away by the depth of Val's facility and training provided.  I spent two days there and walked away thinking "I am a longarm quilter"!!  Val and I took some time at the end to talk about this thing called a Sales Rep.  I was discovering rapidly that Val and Michelle really want to see people succeed and will help make that happen.  My husband who went with me, survived the trip, but I'm guessing that he was glad when we got home...because I'm not sure I quit talking the whole way home.  I was filled with ideas, new skills, and new friends!!

I have done several shows with those two ladies this summer and each time I walk away with more knowledge and great memories!!!  I love the above picture. That was taken last May at Market in Pittsburgh.  The three of us had a great time and as you can see by the picture....we smiled and laughed just a little bit!

Val has helped me catapult my small in home business to my new studio!!!  I will be offering not only professional longarm quilting services, but a rental program with training, machine sales, T-Shirt quilts and more.  I believe with Val and Michelle in my corner the sky's the limit!!! 

Just saying THANK YOU!!  in this blog does not even begin to describe the appreciation I feel for those two!!  But I will start here by saying THANK YOU!!

Another Person I want to thank is Jeff Benedict, Owner of Accomplish Quilting (www.accomplishquilting.com) in Michigan.  I met Jeff, Julie, and Tori at the Cleveland Sewing Expo in March.  I proceeded to tell Julie how I loved my Innova and that led to spending the day with them and an offer to help them in Paducah!  I was sure my friends had put them up to it and it was a "candid camera" type funny.  But sure enough it was a genuine offer! 

I spent the week with the Accomplish Quilting crew and not only had a great time, but learned something from all of them.  Jeff, Julie, Doug, Nancy (aka partner of escapades), Alvin, Cindy,  Rick, and Caroline, all taught me something and my knowledge and love of Innova grew!!

Not sure they knew what they were getting into....but I did make them laugh and they did shake their heads at me at least once a day.   I did another show with the Accomplish Quilting crew and again walked away with more memories and knowledge!  Thanks Jeff!!    ...you took a chance on me and I hope you are as pleased with the experience and I am!!! 

Lastly......my hubby gets a huge shout out!!!  That poor guy has lived with me for over 20 years....Not sure how he has survived it but I'm damn glad he has!!  When this idea started to percolate.... I thought I'd get a little resistance, but as it started to develop he started to get more excited.  Those who know him, know he's not the excitable type.  But let me tell you, when we hung that sign yesterday and got in the car to meet some friends.....he had a big ole smile on his face!!

So for those who plan on visiting, get ready to meet the greatest guy on the face of the earth.  Ok...I know those who know me well have heard my pet peeves about him...he's not perfect....and I let him know that every so often....but I'll take his quirks...besides he gets extra points putting up with me!!

 I will probably be open in a couple weeks.....but save the DATE:  November 8th!!  That's the open house!!  I am so excited and looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

Happy Sewing,

Jill



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be there! !! I'm driving over on the 7th. If I finish filming earlier I will head your way. Can't wait to be a part of your exciting day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kona Bay Fabrics wishes you the very best!

    ReplyDelete