Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Trying to make progress!!

Ok......just to let everyone know....I didn't fall off the face of the earth.  I was close and feel like I've been paddling up stream....but still on this beautiful earth!!!




First my day job takes up a lot of my time....but I can't blame it all on that...especially those who follow me on facebook....dang have to stop posting pictures of me on the motorcycle....dead give away.....


We have had such few nice days....it's been hard to be that responsible person and stick to work at hand.  I'm responsible, I don't call off work to go to the beach.....but every so often a girl has to do what a biker girl has to do.....and that is ride!!  So I've put a few hundred miles on my bike this weekend!!  That almost makes me as happy as quilting...almost....




Ok....focus Jill....continuing with Kathy's quilt....oh wait....it's been a long week...it's Friday....I'm getting out of work early....that adds up to sewing (worked on a class sample) with my bestie!!!! 




Ok...riding over, class project done....So then I think....I'll be making more progress on Kathy's quilt....nope....thunderstorms. 

ugh....unplug my machine.....not taking any chances!!  But I did make progress in between the storms and I'm bound and determined that this quilt will get done this week!! 

Here's part of her quilt:

Back of quilt






Hope you like it and repeat after me:  Rain, Rain, go away, Jill wants to longarm  and Kathy wants her quilt some day!!! 




So once the storms started up again...thought...I'll catch up on my blogging.....well let me tell you...not sure what the deal is...but I don't seem to be in charge of my time....




My husband and son-in-laws are tearing out the ceiling on our first floor....so we have exposed insulation strips between the beams. 


Tonight.......In the family room.... one of the strips decides to rip a bit and a little bit of insulation falls on the floor...no biggie...hubby gets the duct tape....pushes it up...tapes it...staples it...good to go.  I get the shop vac....start cleaning up the little bit of insulation...again..no biggie! 




My husband has a funny look on his face....I of course ask "what's up"  He replies:  turn around and look up".....   Here's what I saw:




Let me tell you.....this morning that table still had my featherweight and my new project on it. 


Something told me as I started walking out the door for work this morning.....you should move your sewing stuff.....well this chick is soooooo glad she listen to her gut!!!!




Didn't take to long to clean up....quick shower to get the insulation off me...hands still itching...ugh  but all is good and I am going to bed before another one decides to fall.....it shouldn't....but then again...it shouldn't of earlier.....lol




Happy Sewing!!




Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment