Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Project completed!!

Since getting back from Pittsburgh, I've been busy catching up......but I took a little time out between quilts to finish one of my own.


I have an Accuquilt Go, that I absolutely love!!  The precision cuts makes the sewing so enjoyable!!!  I love the little tumbler! 


Sooo....with that said....I used one of my daily deals from the past....so far into the past, I don't remember the name of the fabric line....so I did what I do best.....Google it.....










Here's what it looked like....Moda Advent Calendar... it was 13 4 1/2" strips.  So I cut them using my little tumbler with the Go!












I sewed them together 13 across 12 rows.  Found a solid green for the borders and poof....top done.


Of course I immediately moved on to the next project....what was it you might be asking....I've got no clue....it's been a while since I made it.  It might even had been before I got my long arm.


So this weekend, I was feeling the need to do a little free motion quilting and trying a new pattern.  I met Sue Patten when I was in Paducah and tried to get her book, but it was sold out.  So when I got home, I put hubby on it and he was able to get me a copy!! 

That was back in April.....I was over due!!  Besides that....At Birds of a Feather in February....I bought metallic thread.....I hadn't tried that yet!
I like this design....so I studied it a little and dove in.  Took me a little more brain work to get it down to do upside down....but in no time....I was off and running!! 


One done .....





I did the right side up ones for a few rows,

Then added the upside down ones.






For the border.....I decided to do a jagged fern...I guess thats what I'll call it.


I had so much fun, just gliding that machine around!!! 






I was so excited I found some fabric for the binding and put the binding on.  Between last night and an hour after dinner tonight........

I was completely done!!  TA DA!!!!!!






Side note.....make the dang binding when you finish the top....don't wait til ya get around to quilting it and then go looking for the green border fabric.....by the way....I couldn't find any...surely I didn't use it all...but I found something else that I liked so I was good to go.  Anyone want to take a bet the next time I go to look for green fabric....I find the binding fabric? 


Here's a few pictures of the finished project:










The back really looks great!! 



I love when you get a "surprise" design that you weren't expecting!!

Check out how the design looks.....


here's right side up....






here's a sideways  view.....I love it!! 










 My next quilt with be my "message quilt".  I lost all my pictures when my phone got wet...so I wasn't going to post anymore about it because I lost the construction pictures...but....my wonderful hubby just came downstairs tonight and said he thinks he's getting my pictures off my old phone.....everyone cross your fingers!!!  If he gets them....I'll do a complete post about that quilt...and quilt it!!






Ok....back to customer quilts...got my fix and am good for a little bit.


 I actually love doing customer quilts...Each one is different and beautiful....they're like the grand kids....you get to play with the for a little bit...then send them home!




This is Vicki's quilt...




I love the paper dolls pantograph!






Here's a couple more hexies.....






Happy Sewing!!






Jill



1 comment:

  1. NICE! I'm working on my hexies. You will see them at Stash Blasters at my house June 25. :) :)
    Lynda W

    ReplyDelete