Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Another project added to the list!!

Last night was our guild meeting and we had a speaker.  Sue Cook, Larkspur Lane Designs, gave a wonderful trunk show of her paper pieced designs!




But before I get into all that.....I was able to personally present Kris with her prize from my give-a-way!! 
I can't wait to see what Kris does with it.  I know her....it won't get put away for another day!  She does get a lot of projects done!!  

Kris is also our program coordinator at the guild....she has done a wonderful job of getting us to try different things and offering a various wonderful speakers. 


  


Ok....back to Sue.  Sue is from the Pittsburgh, PA area and has been quilting since 2000.  She told us how she fell in love with paper piecing...so much so...she started designing her own patterns!!




Each quilt she brought out was so creative and beautiful.  Sue uses embellishments and/or 3D effects with most of her designs.  What's really awesome about her patterns.....she provides the embellishments with the pattern!!  No searching for just the right items!! 





Sue told a touching story of a little girl who was killed in an accident.  Sue designed the angle pattern  and teamed up with a quilt shop who made kits up with her pattern and sold them.  

All the proceeds went to the mom, who was also in the accident and had not only the loss of her child to deal with, but physical re-cooping of her own to contend with.  What an generous gesture!  

One of the things I love about quilters....we're always willing to use our craft to help others out!!




I really enjoyed the show!!  Here's some of the pictures I took:















This one is called Bubble Bath...I think this would make a great baby shower gift!








I loved this little piggy!!  Kris was showing us how the barn door opened ....there was a little chicken button in it.  How cute is that!!








I believe this quilt was in Quilt Maker magazine.  Sue has had several of her designs accepted and featured in various magazines! 






I have to say....this was my favorite.....


Ready for the name: 


Dear Santa, I've Been Nautical.  The flags spell Merry Christmas. 






Very creative ad clever!  I'm glad she had some patterns with her!


I love the bag of goodies that comes with it!! 


Which brings me to the title of this blog post....Another project added to the list...hehe  I hope it doesn't get added to all the other projects I want to do and can't seem to find the time to do them.  I have one quilt started right now and I won't let myself start another quilt until that one (the top) is finished.




However.......Just like my hubby....I've been known not to listen to me.....one good distraction and I could be well on my way to getting this one done!


Speaking of distractions....I just got up to get a pop and ice cream popped into my head and I was off to get a bowl...and here I sit....bowl of ice cream....and no pop...dang...I'll have to get back up.... ok focus Jill focus....




Sue will be teaching classes at the Original Sewing Expo in Pittsburgh, PA this August!  If you plan on attending, make sure you either stop by her booth or take one of her classes!!  You can see more of Sue's designs at www.larspurlanedesigns.blogspot.com.




I will be at the Innova Booth at the sewing expo....I hope I get to see check out see Sue and check out her designs...I have a feeling I'll be needing a new project for my list by August!!




Happy Sewing!!


Jill 



3 comments:

  1. That Santa block looks familiar!! I love the duckies -- definitely on my project list along with the pointy stars in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, believe it or not, I really am working on the hexies that I won. In fact, I had to order another Lovely charm pack from Missouri Star because I was ONE green charm square short for the project! Ah, gee.........

    ReplyDelete