Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th of July!!


I don't know what it's like where you are at, but here in Erie PA it's a beautiful sunny day!

Today there is a Fourth of July parade, YIPPEEE!! because it goes right past the studio!

So I got up early and make sure that my parking spaces at my studio were still available....

It was before 8 AM but people were already steaking out their spots to watch the parade!!


The parade begins with the lighting of the Canon we could hear it blocks away!! 

Eventually  it got down to the studio and made it's loud boom we knew the fun was just beginning!!


Melody brought the treats with her! She made these French toast balls they were  so yummy this morning! 

And then when it got close to the noon we had pepperoni and cheese roll ups! Yummy! 

We were all set for the day. what fun the parade was to watch from the steps of the Studio!

 Of course while we were standing outside we made good time inside by quilting a frozen quilt!!

One float in the parade had the frozen characters on the side and Anna and Elsa chacters following the float!!  We got them to wave to us.... We were holding up the quilt LOL!

So many wonderful bands, floats, and entertainment for this parade! 

The weather was gorgeous but a little too hot so I had to duck inside for a little bit so I didn't get sunburned. I took advantage of it because my treadle sits in the window, so I sewed ANDY watch the parade. Now, that to me is a perfect day!

Hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!!

Happy Sewing,

Jill 

2 comments:

  1. Jill....my name is Mooch Zielewski and I coordinate a project to benefit needy Veterans in our area at Christmas. Hoping you,your group might be interested in donating a quilt we could auction off to help raise funds. 814-823-6506...I can give you all the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to stop by the Studio to talk with us about this.

      Delete